All I really needed to know about how to blog and what to write and how to be a blogger I learned in the Write 31 Days challenge. Wisdom was not at the top of the SEO stats, but there in the daily writing on my blog.
These are the things I learned:
- I can write every day.
- I actually enjoy writing
- I can’t seem to write every day and keep up with my house the way I would prefer.
- I can, however, write 3 to 4 times a week.
- I enjoy having a plan, structure and focus for blog posts.
6. Posts don’t have to be perfect.
7. They can be corrected and updated later.
8. Multiple times if necessary.
9. Or I can learn to live with imperfection.
10. There is almost always something to write about
11. I may spend all day November 1st leisurely reading, sipping coffee and even napping if the urge hits.
12. Or I may not be able to stand that for an entire day, we shall see.
13. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the community of #write31days
14. I’m excited about the momentum this challenge has created for me.
15. I have so very much to learn about blogging.
16. I really have already learned more than I realized.
17. There are tons of apps to improve photography while you’re saving for a big girl camera
18. You can actually go from 0 views on your blog to over 1200 in one month.
19. Especially when your sister-in-law guest posts.
20. And a sweet blogger friend links to another post.
21. Redemption is evident all around us.
22. I get to extend redemption and help others find it.
23. This has all been so much fun, I look forward to the day when it is my job.
24. That will be the coolest job ever – outside of wife and mom which is hands-down my favorite!
25. It is possible to redeem a fledgling blog in 31 short days.
A bistro set in the making
No matter how experienced you are as a blogger, when you write for the real world, its best to hold hands and stick together.
*thanks to Robert Fulghum for his infamous poem, “All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten” and inspiration for this post
** Click on each picture for links to a few of my favorite posts for Write 31 Days 2015